Alpine Dragon Lake Hike
Discover the stunning beauty of the Alpine Dragon Lake hike, a must-visit destination in Greece. You'll be awed by the majestic Tymfi peaks, but the real highlight is the enchanting natural landscape that surrounds the Dragon Lake. The unique ecosystem of the lake is home to the Alpine Newt, an amazing amphibian that looks like a tiny dragon with its striking orange-red color. While taking in the breathtaking views of the Smolikas mountain range, the Aoos Valley, and the impressive Mount Gamila, you'll feel like you've stepped into a magical world. Don't forget to snap some photos to capture the memories forever!
- Full view of the imposing rock formations, known as the “Towers of Astraka”
- Visit Astraka’s mountain refuge which is located at an altitude of 1.950 meters
- Reach the legendary Dragon Lake at an altitude of 2.050 meters
- A UNESCO Global Geopark
- Discover the beauty of mt. Tymfi
- Live an unforgettable hiking experience