Terms and Conditions
1. The company
Epirus Adventures Mountain Tours (henceforth referred to as “Epirus Adventures”, “we”, “our” or “us”) is a licensed Travel Agency with its head offices located at Ioannina, Greece. Epirus Adventures provides multi-day trips (“Trip’’, “Trips’’) with a minimum duration of 3 days & a range of guided tours, workshops, activities, cooking lessons, and other services (“Experiences”, “Activities”) to travelers visiting Greece. By reserving a place in any of these Trips or Experiences, you (henceforth referred to as “Participant”, “you”, or “Participants”) shall have automatically accepted the terms mentioned herein, confirm that you have fully understood them and have agreed to all of them.
2. Experiences sold by Epirus Adventures
All the information and details of Trips or Experiences sold by Epirus Adventures are described on the website www.epirusadventures.com. Some of Epirus Adventures Trips or Experiences may require a minimum number of participants in order to take place. This minimum number is clearly indicated in each Experience’s respective description on our website. Epirus Adventures reserves the right to cancel an Experience at any given time, up to 24 hours before the scheduled start and for any reason, including but not limited to, an insufficient number of participants.
3. Pricing and details
Epirus Adventures reserves the right to add, withdraw, substitute and/or vary advertised routes, prices and departure times for any of its Trips or Experiences without notice. However, a reasonable effort will be made to maintain arrangements as advertised.
All prices provided are on a per-person basis unless otherwise mentioned and include local taxes.
Prices do not include tips, personal expenses, cost of drinks, after meal coffee and tea, travel insurance & booking fees. If in doubt whether something is included in the price of the Trip or Experience, please inquire.
4. Requirements to participate in Epirus Adventures Trips or Experiences
All Participants will be required to disclose, at the time of booking, or in any case prior to the commencement of the Trip or Experience, whether the Participant suffers from any medical condition which may prevent the Participant undertaking the Trip or Experience, including, but not limited to, epilepsy, dizziness, limb or back injury, angina or other heart condition, food allergy, dietary requirements or restrictions, severe or uncontrolled asthma, visual impairment, depression or recovering from recent surgery. Given the nature of our Trips or Experiences, we are not in the position to guarantee that all nutritional requirements will be met; however, we will make every effort to meet your needs.
Participants acknowledge and agree that they participate in the Trip or Experience at their own risk.
We do not include personal insurance with our Trips or Experiences. Epirus Adventures recommends that customers purchase individually their own travel insurance (or ask their travel agent). Epirus Adventures will not be held liable for services provided by 3rd parties.
All participants to a Trip or Experience must hold a valid ticket, voucher or confirmation letter. Entry may be refused if tickets or vouchers are damaged or defaced in any way or not purchased from an authorized reseller.
5. Epirus Adventures’ ability to refuse participation
Epirus Adventures reserves the right to refuse any person, for whatever reason, participation in the tour, in its absolute discretion, whether or not they have previously purchased a ticket. A person will be reimbursed for tickets previously purchased should they be refused permission to participate on grounds other than those set out above.
6. Accessibility and Safety – Participant guidelines
It should be noted that local conditions in Greece may differ from those that exist in the rest of Europe or the U.S.A. The state and conditions of some streets may present accessibility difficulties. Access for persons with special needs is not guaranteed. Public areas may not be accessible to persons with special needs.
Participation in our Trips or Experiences may require a minimum physical condition, such that you are in the position to walk uphill or climb stairs. Kindly inform us if you have a medical or physical limitation or are undergoing a medical treatment.
Epirus Adventures will not be liable for the personal safety of participants, or for the safety of personal items, nor for unforeseen events and incidents that Epirus Adventures cannot control, prevent or avoid, including (but not limited to) accidents, thefts and illnesses during the Trip or Experience. Each participant shall be fully responsible for his/her personal health, medical needs and safety.
We advise you to check your insurance contract in order to determine whether you are covered and to clarify what your travel insurance covers in the case of trips abroad. For their own safety, all Participants must obey the directions and instructions of the Experience guide, must not disturb other Participants or interfere with the Trip or Experience guide’s ability to conduct the Trip or Experience in a safe manner.
By joining an Epirus Adventures Trip or Experience, each Participant is ensuring its own safety by agreeing to:
- Stay alert and aware of what’s going on around them at all times and avoid any immediate dangers which they believe pose a risk to them.
- Protect themselves from the Greek sun by using appropriate forms of sun protection, including but not limited to a hat, sunglasses and sunscreen during the summer months.
- Be adequately hydrated and nourished before, during and after the tour, in accordance with their specific needs and requirements.
- Not be under the influence of alcohol, drugs or any other substance that may hinder their ability to observe these Guidelines.
- At all times to promptly comply with any directions issued by tour leaders. Athens is a busy, modern city that can be inherently unpredictable. Epirus Adventures responds to that risk by relying on the cooperation of all of its Participants.
7. Insurance Policy & Personal Insurance
European Reliance S.A. Insurance Company certifies that “Epirus Adventures Mountain Tours” is insured against liability for Bodily Injuries or Material Damage to third parties, which may occur during daily organized activities (guided walking tours, food tours, cooking lessons & folk-dance lessons) by the insured and which are caused by negligent acts or negligent omissions of the insured, according to the terms and conditions of our policy No 124311. Personal insurance is not included. It is your responsibility to take out appropriate travel insurance. Although Epirus Adventures and its representatives will always strive to ensure safe and enjoyable completion of its tours, they cannot be held responsible for the personal safety of participants. Each participant shall be fully responsible for his/her personal health, medical needs and safety. Please take into consideration any separate terms and conditions of each of our experiences, before booking.
8. Photographs taken during the Experiences
All Participants acknowledge and agree that Epirus Adventures is expressly authorized to take photographs of them during the Trips or Experiences and utilize such photographs for the purpose of advertising Epirus Adventures including but not limited to being displayed on Epirus Adventures website.
Photographs remain copyright to Epirus Adventures and may only be used or reproduced by Participants for private or domestic purposes and must not be used for any commercial purpose, including promotion of any supplier or any supplier’s products or services, without Epirus Adventures’ written permission.
Participants should adhere to the starting time and meeting point of the Trip or Experience as indicated on their voucher. If a Participant is late, Epirus Adventures will consider this as a no-show, his participation to the Trip or Experience will be cancelled and no refund will be provided. It is recommended that Participants arrive at least 10 minutes prior to the start of the Trip or Experience.
10. Payment Conditions & Booking for Multi-Day Trips
In order to book a multi-day trip with Epirus Adventures, a 30% non-refundable deposit is required at the time of confirmation. Final balance is due 60 days prior to arrival.
Epirus Adventures allows for the eventuality that a Participant may need to change or cancel an agreed multi-day itinerary. If Participants must cancel a reservation for a Trip, the following cancellation policy applies.
Cancellations are subject to the following penalties of the full trip price:
- Cancellation up to 61 days before the tour: 75% Refund, of the total trip cost
- Cancellation up to 60-46 days before the tour: 50% refund, of the total trip cost
- Cancellation up to 45-31 days before the tour: 25% refund, of the total trip cost
- Cancellation up to 30 days or no show: No refund
Upon successful completion of payment, customers will receive confirmation and voucher via email. This document must be saved as proof of purchase.
When you make a booking, you guarantee that you have the authority to accept, and do accept these conditions on your behalf and on behalf of all members of your party and, further, if you are making a booking for more than one person, that you are responsible for all payments due from each and every party member for whom you are making a booking. Any information which we give to you shall be deemed as given to each and every party member for whom you are making or have made a booking.
11. Cancellation and refund policy of Experiences/Tours/Activities
Epirus Adventures allows for the eventuality that a Participant may need to change or cancel an agreed service. Notification must be received in written. The following cancellation policy applies:
- Cancellation 5 or more days prior to scheduled private Experience: Full refund
- Cancellation 3-4 days prior to scheduled private Experience: 50% refund
- Cancellation 1-2 days prior to scheduled private Experience or No Show: No refund
12. Participant Release of Liability
- Participant desires to participate in the Trips or Experiences offered by Epirus Adventures.
- Participant is in good health and suffers from no minor or serious physical or mental injury, illness or disability that would make Participant especially susceptible to injury or disability while performing any activities related to or in connection with the Trips or Experiences.
- Participant fully comprehends and accepts all of the risks associated with his/her participation in the Trips or Experiences including, without limitation, exposure to unfavorable weather conditions, food sickness, allergic reactions, choking, injuries (e.g. without limitation, those arising out of self-inflicted accidents or mishaps, other participants, automobiles, pedestrians, bicyclists and the like) and death.
- Participant’s participation in the Trips or Experiences is at Participant’s own sole risk. Participant, on behalf of his/herself and/or any person or entity acting through or on behalf of Participant, hereby forever and unconditionally releases Epirus Adventures, its affiliates, subsidiaries, owners, officers, employees, agents and insurers (collectively, “released parties”), from any and all claims, actions, damages, liabilities, losses, costs and expenses (including, without limitation, attorney’s fees) in any way arising out of, or resulting from, Participant’s participation in the Experiences, including, without limitation, any and all claims, actions, and liabilities for death, injury, loss or damage to Participant, to anyone else, or to any property, regardless of whether or not such injury, loss or damage was caused by the negligence or willful conduct of the company or any of the release parties. Participant’s release includes, but is not limited to, harm that may be attributable to, or in any way arise from, Participant’s own conduct, behavior or history of pre-existing conditions or dispositions. Participant also agrees that Participant is financially responsible for any and all medical treatment required as a result of any such harm. Participant, on behalf of his/herself and/or any person or entity acting through or on behalf of Participant, further agrees to defend and indemnify the released parties, and to hold the released parties harmless, from any and all liabilities, claims, actions, damages, expenses (including, without limitation attorney’s fees) and losses of any kind or nature whatsoever in any way arising out of, or resulting from, Participant’s participation in the Experiences.
- Participant agrees to pay any all costs, fees, expenses and charges arising from any act or conduct of Participant that results in damage or injury to any person. Participant further agrees to indemnify and hold Epirus Adventures harmless from and against any such act or conduct.
- This Waiver and Release of Claims constitutes the entire agreement and understanding between Participant and the Released Parties, and cancels, terminates and supersedes any prior agreement or understand relating to the subject matter hereof. There are not representations, promises, agreements, warranties, covenants, or undertakings other than those contained in this Waiver and Release of Claims.
- None of the provisions of this Waiver and Release of Claims can be waived or modified except expressly in writing signed by Participant and the party against whom the waiver or modification is sought to be enforced. Failure of any of the Release Parties to enforce any of their rights hereunder at any time shall not act as a waiver to enforce their rights under this Waiver and Release for the same or similar acts at any subsequent time.